Effective Date: November 9th, 2023
Global Healthy Living Foundation (“GHLF”, “we”, “our”, us”) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to improve the quality of life for people with chronic illnesses. We are an online collaborative collection of health-related topics. We advocate nationally for improved access to care and educate about the importance of diagnosis, early and innovative medical intervention, long-term lifestyle improvement, and therapeutic compliance.
If you have a disability which prevents you from electronically accessing this policy and require it to be provided in alternative format (e.g., audio, large print), you can send us a message at info((at))ghlf((dot))org ([email protected]).
- INFORMATION GHLF May Collect
- Personal Information You Provide to Us
- Information That Is Automatically Collected When You Visit GHLF.org or PatientSpot.org
We use various tools and technologies like cookies and web server logs to collect information automatically on the Site. This information may include IP addresses, device identifiers, browser characteristics, operating system details, internet service provider details, language preferences, referring URLs, time and length of visits, and pages viewed.
These tools also may include GPS (global positioning systems) software, geo-filtering, and other location-aware technologies to locate you, sometimes precisely, for purposes such as verifying your location and delivering or restricting content based on your location. Some features of the Services may not function properly if the availability or use of the location data is impaired or disabled.
The tracking technologies that may be used on the Site include:
“Web Beacons” are small electronic files known (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count visitors to the Site who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
“Log file information” is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a Site. When you use our Services, our servers (whether operated by us or a third-party) automatically record certain log file information. This information may contain such anonymous data as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Services, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, etc.
“Device identifiers” are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device. They uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by our Site. When you access the Services via a mobile device (i.e. a smartphone, tablet, etc.), we may access, collect, monitor, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers” such as a unique device identifier. A device identifier may remain persistently on the device, to help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the Services. Some features of the Services may not function properly if the availability or use of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
We may combine certain automatically collected information with other information we obtain about you, which may include data we obtain from third parties.
Please note that we or third parties may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different devices and online properties when you use the Site.
Your web browser may have settings that allow you to transmit a “Do Not Track” signal when you visit various websites or use online services. Like many websites, the Site is not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from browsers. To learn more about “Do Not Track” signals, visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
We may use certain third-party web analytics services such as Google Analytics to help us understand and analyze how visitors use the Site and serve advertisements on our behalf across the Internet. We have implemented Google Analytics Advertising features such as dynamic remarketing, interest-based advertising, audience targeting, behavioral reporting, demographics and interests reporting, user segment analysis, device reporting, display advertising, and video ads reporting. We and our vendors may use first-party cookies or other first-party identifiers as well as third-party cookies or other third-party identifiers to deliver advertisements, create a profile of you, measure your interests, detect your demographics, detect your location, detect your device, and personalize content.
For more information on how Google Analytics uses data collected through the Site, visit: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. To opt out of Google Analytics cookies, visit: http://www.google.com/settings/ads and https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Please note that we do not control how other parties manage their opt-out processes.
- Information About You Collected By Other Parties
- How We MAY USE the Personal information we collect
We may use your personal information in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or authorized by you, including for the following purposes:
- To provide products and services you request (such as when you sign up to receive our email newsletter);
- To respond to requests, questions, and comments, and provide other types of use support;
- To offer you products and marketing communications, or direct you to portions of the Site that we believe may interest you;
- To serve advertising, content and offers to you based on your interests and online activities, from us or third parties;
- To communicate about, and administer your participation in, events, programs, contests, and other offers or promotions;
- To carry out, evaluate, and improve our business (which may include developing new features for the Site, analyzing and enhancing the user experience on the Site, assessing the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising, and managing out communications);
- To perform data analytics regarding usage of the Site (including market and customer research, trend analysis and financial analysis);
- To guard against, identify, and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims, and other liabilities; and
- To comply with applicable legal requirements, law enforcement requests, and our company policies.
- How we may share your personal information
Our agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers may have access to information we collect through the Site to carry out work on our behalf. Those parties are subject to confidentiality obligations and are restricted from using personal information collected through the Site for purposes other than to provide the requested assistance. In addition, we may share information:
- With our affiliates for internal business purposes;
- With third parties for marketing purposes, including social media networks, data management platforms, and other advertising technology providers; for example, we may match your email address with third parties with whom you have also consented to share your email address and use such match to deliver custom offers or emails to you on the Site and elsewhere online;
- If we are required to do so by law, regulation, or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena);
- In response to requests from government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, including to meet national security requirements;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- With respect to analytics and statistical information, to inform advertisers about the nature of our user base;
- In the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation). In such an event, we will seek to provide you with commercially reasonable notice, e.g., via email and/or notice on our website, of any change in ownership, incompatible new uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information; and
- With your consent or at your discretion.
- Social Features
The Site may permit you to interact with social media platforms operated by unaffiliated parties, for example, to “like” GHLF or to share content from the Site on those platforms (“Social Features”). If you choose to “like” or share content or post information using Social Features, that information may be publicly displayed, and the party operating the other platform may receive certain information about you and your use of the Site. Similarly, if you interact with us through Social Features (e.g., if you “like” or “follow” our page on another platform), we may have access to information about you from that platform. Please note that if you mention or comment about GHLF or our Site in your post on another platform, that platform may allow us to publish your post on our Site. In addition, we may receive information about you if a user on a social media platform gives us access to their profile and you are one of their connections, or information about you is otherwise accessible through that other user. You should review the terms, policies, and settings of these other platforms to learn more about their data practices and/or adjust your settings.
- SWEEPSTAKES, CONTESTS, AND SIMILAR PROMOTIONS
- YOUR CHOICES
- Communications Preferences
By providing an email address on a GHLF Site, you agree that we may contact you to provide you with any Services-related notices or to provide you with email newsletters. We offer choices about the types of information you receive from us. If you no longer wish to receive our email newsletter, you may unsubscribe using the link provided in each edition of the email or by sending us an email at [email protected].
- Accessing, Reviewing & Changing Your Personal Information
Registered users can review and change certain personal information (e.g., name, address, telephone number, and email address) at any time by accessing their account on the Site.
- California SHINE THE LIGHT NOTICE
California’s “Shine the Light” law permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. We do not share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may request information about our compliance with Shine the Light by contacting us at [email protected] or by sending a letter to: 515 N. Midland Ave, Upper Nyack, NY 10960, Attention: Legal Counsel. Any such request must include “California Shine The Light Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this email address or mail address.
- LINKS from GHLF TO OTHER SITES
Occasionally we provide links on our Site to other sites we think you will enjoy. These sites operate independently of GHLF and have established their own privacy and security policies. GHLF does not have any control over, and is not responsible for, these sites’ privacy practices. For the best online experience, we strongly encourage you to review these policies on any site you visit.
- how we protection personal information
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the Internet and online digital storage are not completely secure, so we cannot guarantee the security of your information collected through the Site.
- INFORMATION FOR USERS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
We may, directly or indirectly, process, store, and transfer the information you provide to us. By submitting personal information through the Site to GHLF, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage. Please be aware that the data protection laws and regulations that apply to your personal information transferred to the United States or other countries may be different from the laws in your country of residence.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
The Site is not intended for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information online from individuals under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have obtained personal information from an individual under the age of 13, we will delete such information in accordance with applicable law.
- How to CONTACT US
For questions, comments or assistance, you may contact us:
Via e-mail: [email protected]
By writing to us:
Global Healthy Living Foundation
515 N. Midland Ave
Upper Nyack, NY 10960